The team of Sean Carlon and Jack Slayton won the Championship Flight of the SCAGA Four-ball competition at Santa Ana Golf Club. Carlon of Paradise Hills Golf Club, a recently graduated UNM Lobo Men’s Golf Team member, and Slayton of the Canyon Club at Four hills finished two shots ahead of Chandler Smith-Stetson and Eben Harrell, both out of the UNM North Course.
The event, held by the Sun Country Amateur Golf Association at Santa Ana, is 54 holes held over three days each May.
Robert Gonzales and Anton Salome, both of New Mexico Tech, beat Ray Byrne of the UNM Championship Golf Course and Bryan Buie of Hobbs in a playoff for the Men’s Mid-senior Championship. Buie briefly played on the Adams Professional Tour.
Benton Spradlin of Santa Ana Golf Club and Scott Walker of Alto Lakes Country Club won the First flight of the Men’s Net Championship, five shots ahead of Jeffrey and Richard Alarid, both of Santa Ana.
Wayne Brooks of Santa Ana and Juan Carrion of Arroyo del Oso won the Second Flight, four shots ahead of Leo C de Baca and Mark Johnson, both of Santa Ana.
Rafael Ortiz and Charles Maes, both of Paradise Hills, won the Third Flight, 12 shots better than Stephen Inoue of Marty Sanchez Links de Santa Fe and Lorenzo Dominguez of the Isleta Eagle Golf Course.
SCAGA Four-ball Women’s Results
Christine Hoffee of Albuquerque Country Club and Maxann Shwartz of Tanoan Country Club won the Women’s Net/Gross Championship Flight of the SCAGA Four-ball with a three-day score of 1-over par, two shots ahead of three teams: Annette Sieben and Samantha Surette, both of Santa Ana; Kathleen Austin and Kathy Colley, both of Santa Ana; and Nadine McIntosh and Stephanie Sisson, both of Tanoan Country Club.
In the Women’s Second Flight, Gross/Net, Rane Miller of Albuquerque Country Club and Mimi Neamen of Cochiti Golf Club edged Kelly Cook of Los Altos Golf Course and Connie Hansen of Santa Ana; and Chris Tauscher of Santa Ana and Yvette Stoor of Paa-Ko Ridge Golf Club.
In the Women’s Third Net Flight, Rosa Estrada and Gloria Montoya, both of Santa Ana, bested Cecilia Trujillo of Taos Country Club and Lina Castillo of Tierra Del Sol Country Club by three shots.
Full results of the 2018 SCAGA Four-ball can be found at the SCAGA website.
- Frias-Medina Win SCAGA… (SANTA ANA PUEBLO, N.M.) May 16, 2011 -- Mike Frias and Daniel Medina of El Paso won the 2011 SCAGA Four Ball Team Championship at…
- Condon Eliminated in Round of… ABQ Qualifier Goes Home Early from US Senior Amateur Jack Slayton of ABQ Loses First Match in 19 Holes Updated: Greg COndon was eliminated Tuesday…
- Local Golfers Bunched Behind… NM Open at Paradise Hills Tees off with Fair Skies, Light Winds Three players tied for the lead after Day One at the Paradise Hills…
- UNM Men Win MWC Golf Title Sean Carlon, Indy Winner Galven Green Lead Lobos to NCAA Championship Berth Conference Win is Lobos' 7th The University of New Mexico Lobo men's golf…
- Three Qualify at UNM for US… All Three Qualifiers Have ABQ Ties A Lobo, a former Lobo and a former Albuquerque Academy Charger locked up the three available spots at the…