Zamarripa of Sandia Upsets Favored Jacque Galloway for Girls Crown
Aiden Kraft of Cibola High School won the 5A boys NM golf championship Tuesday and Sophia Zamarripa of Sandia High School won the 5A girls individual title.
Kraft, who finished 4-under after two rounds at the Canyon Club at Four Hills, edged out the Diehl brothers of Piedra Vista High School of Farmington. Tyler Diehl finished 1-under to take second place and Trey Diehl, who won at the Canyon Club last month, finished T3 at 2-over with Austin Brito of Las Cueva High School.
Zamarripa, who carded 6-over for two rounds, finished four strokes ahead of Cleveland High School's Jacque Galloway, who won the 2019 girls title in the second annual Shootout in the Desert at the Canyon Club last month. Presley Jackson of Deming High School finished in third place at 18-over.
The Piedra Vista Panthers took the 5A boys team title, the La Cueva Bears finished second and the Deming Wildcats finished third. The Hobbs Eagles finished fourth.
The Cleveland Storm girls won the 5A girls team crown, followed by the La Cueva Bears in second and the Deming Wildcats in third place.
For full 5A results, click here
4A NM Golf Championship Held in Farmington
In 4A competition at Pinon Hills Golf Course in Farmington, Aidan Thomas of St. Pius High School won the boys individual title at 6-over, followed by Tay Hwang of the Albuquerque Academy Chargers and Josh Fambro of the Taos Tigers who finished T2 at 8-over.
Taysea Powell of the Artesia Bulldogs took the 4A girls title at 6-over. They were followed in second place by Jessica Osden of the Los Alamos Hilltoppers at 9-over. Isebelle Peralta of the Aztec Tigers at 22-overtook third place.
The Los Alamos Hilltoppers took the 4A boys team title, finishing 34 strokes ahead of the Albuquerque Academy Chargers. The Lovington Wildcats were third.
The Los Alamos Hilltoppers also won the 4A girls team title. That bettered the second-place Lovington Wildcats by 18 strokes.The Hope Christian Huskies finished in third place.
Four full 4A results, click here.
A-3A NM Golf Championship Held in Hobbs
At the Rockwind Community Links, Alex Moores of the Cottonwood Classical Prep Coyotes of Albuquerque won the A-3A boys individual title, carding 11-over, followed by Joshua Walsh of the Socorro Warriors at 16-over and fellow Warrior Jeremiah Avery at 17-over. The Socorro Warriors took the A-3A boys team title.
Carisa Padilla of the St. Michael's High School Horsemen of Santa Fe won the A-3A girls individual title with a two-round score of 10-over. Courtney Andersson of the Mesilla Valley Christian School SonBlazers finished second at 17-over. Harley Richardson of the Socorro Warriors finished third at 22-over.
The Mesilla Valley SonBlazers took the A-3A girls team championship, besting the second-place Texico Wolverines by 23 strokes. The Socorro Warriors finished in thirdplace.
For full A-3A results, click here.
- Diehl, Galloway Win… Piedra Vista Boys Repeat for Boys Team Title El Paso's Eastwood HS Takes Girls Team Title Boys from Piedra Vista High School in Farmington won…
- Galloway, Davis Win NM… Canyon Club Event a Preview of State Championship Shootout in the Desert Brings Together Top NM High School Teams Cleveland High School won the girls'…
- Gillihan, Galloway Win… Piedra Vista, La Cueva Claim 6A Team Titles 2018 New Mexico State Golf Championship Contested on Three Courses Nolan Gillihan of Las Cruces' Centennial High…
- Piedra Vista Golfers… Piedra Vista High School Player Signed an Incorrect Scorecard Last Year Team Notches Win at Shootout in the Desert in Run-up to State The win…
- Meet Sophia Zamarripa,… Sophomore Unseats Three-time State Champ Jacque Galloway Sophia Zamarripa of Sandia High School is your 2019 New Mexico 5A girls golf champion following an upset…