Albuquerque Golf Academy Programs Held at Los Altos Golf Course
Golf Instructor Bob May Jr. Now in His 35th Year of Teaching
Long-time New Mexico golf teacher and fitness trainer Bob May Jr. is offering a series of three-day junior golf camps as well as weekly sessions at Los Altos Golf Course starting next week.
The three-day junior golf camps are Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Four-hour junior golf sessions run from 8 a.m. to noon. Starting dates for each three-day camp are: June 6, June 13, June 20, July 11 and July 18. All camps are held at Los Altos Golf Course. Cost for a three-day camp is $200. Camps are open to golfers age 6-17.
May also offers weekly junior golf group lessons that allow parents or guardians to sign up kids for a series of one-hour weekly group lessons spread across an entire month.
Sessions are held at Los Altos on Mondays 5-6 p.m., Tuesdays 4-5 p..m., and Fridays 4-5 p.m., with three one-hour sessions on Saturdays from 10-11 a.m., 11-noon and noon to 1 p.m., and on Sundays from 1-2 p.m. and from 2-3 p.m. Juniors can be enrolled for a month’s worth of weekly lessons for $99.
May has been a PGA teaching professional in the Albuquerque and Santa Fe areas for 35 years.He holds a personal trainer certification and is a Level 3 Titleist Performance Institute-certified golf fitness practitioner.
“My coaching philosophy is based on learning solid fundamentals in every facet of the game,” May said. “I do not believe that there is only one way to swing a club, rather there are an infinite number of swing styles.”
“However, I do believe there is one most efficient way for every player to swing, and it is based on what the player can do physically,” he said. “My goal is to help all of my students play the game to the best of their ability, while passing on a game that they can play for the rest of their lives.”
Bob May’s website is Albuquerque Golf Academy. Reach him by phone at (505) 328-8390 or my email at ABQgolfacademy@gmail.com.
Photo courtesy of Phil Grout via Flickr
- UNM Coach Joins College Golf… June Golf Camp in Palm Springs Allows College Golf Hopefuls to Meet Coaches UNM Lobo Men's Golf Coach Glen Millican will be one of the…
- Sun Country Junior Golf Tour… Kids 7 to 18 Are Eligible for Summer-long Competition Series Registration is open for the 2018 Sun Country Junior Golf Tour, a series of 40…
- Kari Zimmerly New Lobo… (ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.) August 1, 2012 -- Kari Zimmerly has been named assistant women’s golf coach at the University of New Mexico, head coach Jill Trujillo…
- Sun Country Junior Tour Opens (ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.) Feb. 7, 2011. -- Registration for the Sun Country PGA Junior Golf Tour is open. The tour is for junior golfers of all…
- Ways to Get Your Kid into… Depending on How New They are to the Game, Your Kids Have Plenty of Options Choices Range from Introductory Programs to Elite Junior Golf Competitions…