June Golf Camp in Palm Springs Allows College Golf Hopefuls to Meet Coaches
UNM Lobo Men’s Golf Coach Glen Millican will be one of the college coaches at a College Golf Experience golf camp in Palm Springs next month that will let college golf hopefuls meet college coaches.
Millican, who coached the Lobos to a Mountain West Conference championship earlier this month, will be joined by six other college coaches.
Their Mountain West title earned the Lobos a spot in the 2021 NCAA Division I regionals. The Lobos will be one of 14 teams competing in a 54-hole event May 17-19 on their home course, the UNM Championship Golf Course.
College Golf Experience showcase camps are an opportunity for young men and women, ages 10-18 to learn from and interact with multiple college coaches in an immersive, fun, educational setting, the company said.
Campers are expected to focus on all areas of instruction with an emphasis on wedge play, engage in simulated collegiate practice and tournament rounds, learn from seminars and Q&A sessions hosted by coaches, and receive personalized evaluations.
The camps allow college golf hopefuls to showcase their developing skills, meet college coaches and get an early look at life as a collegiate golfer. For the coaches, the camps offer a chance to meet and evaluate prospective recruits.
The camp will be held at the Classic Club golf course. Campers will receive welcome gifts from adidas and other companies. More information on the College Golf Experience is available here.
“CGX camps are a great way to meet and engage with college coaches in a fun and relaxed environment. Juniors and parents will leave with a clear understanding of what college golf looks like and how to reach their junior and collegiate golfing goals,” said Christian Newton, head coach of Colorado State.
The College Golf Experience was established earlier this year and won a first-of-its-kind endorsement from the Golf Coaches Association of America.
“College Golf Experience’s mission is to build value for college coaches while creating unique opportunities for junior golfers,” said Joshua Jacobs, CEO of College Golf Experience. “After recently combining forces with the GCAA, showcase camps are the first step to providing coaches a platform to showcase their programs, and partner with CGX to create transformational experiences for junior golfers.”
Other coaches attending the Palm Springs camp are:
- Michael Beard of Pepperdine, the 2020 Men’s College Coach of the Year and coach of the 2021 West Coast Conference Champions
- Jim Anderson – University of Arizona, the 2021 Pac12 Champions
- Ryan Donovan – San Diego State
- Jason D’Amore – Loyola Marymount
- Christian Newton – Colorado State
- Andrew Larkin – Santa Clara
By New Mexico Golf News Staff
- Lobos' Sam Choi Named NCAA… Another Victory Lap by Sophomore Sam Choi Sophomore Sam Choi of The University of New Mexico Lobo men's golf team has been named to the…
- Lobos' Sam Choi Named to PGA… Both Men's and Women's Golf Squads Earn Academic Honors There's lots of news coming out of the UNM men's and women's Lobo golf teams, including…
- Lobo Sam Choi Selected to Ping… Plus: Updates on Lobo Men's, Women's 2021 Seasons; Honors to Jill Trujillo, Myah McDonald Lobo Junior Sam Choi of The University of New Mexico men’s…
- Four Hills Offers Lobos' Davie… (ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.) Jan. 5, 2012 -- Tracey Fine of Four Hills Country Club noticed our take on which country club Lobo Head Football Coach Bob…
- Lobo Women Take Mountain West… Ninth Lobo Conference Title is a Conference Record The University of New Mexico Lobo women's golf team came from behind during the third round to…