ABQ-S.F. Spring Aerifying Schedule
Lobo Women Golf Team Holds Clinic
Isleta Gets in-cart GPS
(ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.) March 7, 2012 — GolfWeek magazine has ranked Paa-ko Ridge Golf Club the top course in New Mexico for 2012, according to its March 9 issue.
Here are the magazine's choices for No. 2 through 10 in the Land of Enchantment: 2. Black Mesa, La Mesilla ; 3. Piñon Hills Golf Course, Farmington, 4. Sandia Golf Club, Albuquerque; 5. Sonoma Ranch, Las Cruces; 6. Twin Warriors Golf Club, Santa Ana Pueblo; 7. Sierra del Rio, Elephant Butte; 8. University of New Mexico (South) Championship, Albuquerque; 9. Taos Country Club, Ranchos de Taos; 10. Pueblo de Cochiti Golf Course.
A long-time resident of the top 10 list, the Inn of the Mountain Gods in Mescalero, near Ruidoso, has has been dropped by the magazine's raters.
Here's the spring aerification and top-dressing schedule in and around Albuquerque and Santa Fe. New Mexico Tech Golf Course in Socorro just completed their top-dressing and aerifying:
Arroyo del Oso Golf Course: March 27-29.
Black Mesa: April 4-5.
Isleta Golf Club: Mesa, March 26-30; Lakes, April 2-6, Arroyo, April 8-13
Ladera Golf Course: April 2-5.
Los Altos Golf Course: March 20-22.
Marty Sanchez Links de Santa Fe: 18-hole course, April 16-17; Great 28 Course, April 13.
Paa-Ko Ridge Golf Club: April 8-10.
Pueblo de Cochiti Golf Course: April 10-11.
Puerto del Sol, March 13-14.
Sandia Golf Club: March 25
Tierra del Sol Coountry Club: March 26-27.
Santa Ana: April 3, tees and fairways; Greens, April 16.
Towa/Buffalo Thunder: March 26.
Twin Warriors, April 9-10.
University of New Mexico Championship: April 3-4.
UNM North: April 11.
In other news:
The UNM Lobo Women's Golf Team will hold a free golf clinic for women March 24 at the UNM Championship Golf Course. Clubs will be provided for those who need them. No preregistration is necessary. The clinic will be conducted by the Lobo women's squad and Assistant Golf Coach Becky Dover and will be tailored to both avid and beginning golfers. The event runs from 9 a.m. to noon.
Isleta Eagle Golf Club now has in-cart GPS. The system is the same as used at Sandia Golf Club, except the monitor is mounted from the roof of the cart, not on the cart dashboard, said Isleta Director of Golf Mike Ciolek. Isleta's green fee is $50 on weekdays, $65 on weekends, which includes cart.
— Dan Vukelich
- Paa-Ko Stays Atop… (ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.) April 4, 2011 --Paa-Ko Ridge Golf Club remains New Mexico's top course you can play, says GolfWeek. Black Mesa, Piñon Hills, Twin Warriors…
- Ladera Golf Course… West-facing patio at Ladera Previously Was a Sun-baked Hell A new sun shade at Albuquerque's Ladera Golf Course provides protection from the sun for outdoor…
- Sandia, Inn of the… (ORLANDO) May 19, 21011 -- Sandia Golf Club in Albuquerque hit No. 27 on GolfWeek magazine's 2010 Top 50 "Best Casino Courses" list, while the…
- New Mexico Golf Show… (ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.) — March 22, 2011 The first annual New Mexico Golf Show will be held April 16-17 on the grounds of Expo New Mexico,…
- New Mexico Golf… North to South, New Mexico Offers a Strong Array of Golf Resorts For the day when the COVID-19 lockdown eases, players looking for New Mexico…