Mens City Golf Championship Played on 3 City Courses
Registration is now open for the 77th Greater Albuquerque Mens City Golf Championship.
The Mens City Golf Championship will be contested June 29, June 30 and July 1 on all three of Albuquerque's 18-hole courses: Ladera, Los Altos and Arroyo del Oso.
There will be a cut after 36 holes to the top 50 percent of the field plus ties.
The event is open to all male golfers who live or work in the greater Albuquerque area.
The three-day event is sponsored by Houston Wholesale Cars.
There will be three gross flights: The Championship Flight, President's Flight and, for golfers 50 and older, the Senior Championship Flight.
The Championship Flight is limited to golfers with handicaps or 1.9 or lower. The President's Flight is limited to players with handicaps of 2.0 to 6.0. Those two flights will play from the blue tees.
There is no handicap limit for the Senior Championship Flight. Players in the Senior Championship Flight will play from the white tees. All three flights will be gross only.
The Championship Flight will determine the winner of the Mens City Golf Championship.
There will be net flights in the Mens City Golf Championship, with those flights determined by the actual spread of handicaps of the entrants. Players will be allowed a maximum handicap of 18.0 for the tournament. Exceptional scores below a player's stated handicap that are posted during the tournament will be adjusted by the tournament director.
Colby Reddoch, director of the Mens City Golf Championship, said the first 156 entrants will be guaranteed a spot in the field.
Cost for the event is $180, which covers greens fees, range balls, cart and lunch. Payment is by check made out to Los Altos Golf Course of LAGC. Deadline for entry is June 26. Here's a link to the Mens City Golf Championship entry form.
- Albuquerque City Men's… Event Usually Played on July 4th Weekend Delayed Weeks by COVID-19 The 2020 Greater Albuquerque Men's City Golf Championship will be played Aug. 21-23, starting…
- Download: ABQ City… (ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.) June 7, 2012 -- Here's the entry form for the 2012 Albuquerque City Men's Golf Championship, to be held July 6-8 across Albuquerque's…
- Mesta-Garcia Wins… It's Her Second New Mexico-West Texas Womens Amateur Championship Emma Mesta-Garcia won her second consecutive New Mexico-West Texas Womens Amateur Championship, shooting 78-74-80 for a…
- 2nd ABQ Women's Championship? New Albuquerque City Women's Golf Championship Set for October Local women golfers will compete in a new golf tournament - the Albuquerque City Women's Golf…
- McCarthy Takes City Men's Patrick McCarthy Wins Second Straight City Mens Championship Patrick McCarthy shot a bogey-free 2-under-par-70 in the closing round post an easy five-shot victory for his…