Members at Host Club Albuquerque Country Club Get First Crack at Entering
Registration is soon to open for the Sun Country New Mexico West Texas Senior Amateur Championship, to be held at Albuquerque Country Club Aug. 18-19.
[A previous version of this story included incorrect registration information provided by the Sun Country Amateur Golf Association. Registration for the event is now open to all eligible competitors]
The 36-hole event is open to all amateurs over the age of 50 who have a handicap index, regardless of handicap level.
A certain number of exemptions to the event are available to members of the host venue, Albuquerque Country Club, the Sun Country Amateur Golf Association said.
To register, click here. The deadline for entering is Aug. 11. The entry fee is $190.
One-third of the New Mexico West Texas Amateur Field to be Awarded Prizes
Prizes will be awarded at the New Mexico West Texas Senior Championship to 33 percent of each flight each flight. Prizes will include gift certificates redeemable at the ACC Golf Shop.
Here are the divisions within the New Mexico West Texas Senior Amateur:
- Men’s Senior Championship (gross)
- Men’s Senior Net (with handicap)
- Men’s Super Senior Championship (60 and Older, gross)
- Men’s Super Senior Net (60 and Older, With handicap)
- Men’s Master Senior Net (70 and Older, with handicap)
- Women’s Senior Championship (net and gross flights will be based on number of entries).
Each player will receive 100 percent of their individual handicap as of the Aug. 9. If an exceptional tournament round were to occur, the competitor may have their handicap reduced by the Tournament Committee for any of the competitive rounds, per USGA Handicapping Guidelines.
Net flights will be divided in to smaller groups based on Handicap Index.
There will be a maximum handicap allowance of 40.0 Players with an index higher than 40.0, can still compete, but will be reduced to the 40-stroke limit.
All Net flights will play using USGA Model Local Rule E-5 (Local Rule regarding stroke and distance alternative to a ball lost or out of bounds).
By New Mexico Golf News Staff
Featured image: Albuquerque Country Club
- New Mexico-West Texas… The Sun Country Amateur Golf Association starts the 2020 competitive golf season with its most prestigious event, the New Mexico-West Texas Amateur Championship. The 44th…
- Sun Country Junior… Kids 7 to 18 Are Eligible for Summer-long Competition Series Registration is open for the 2018 Sun Country Junior Golf Tour, a series of 40…
- USGA Names U.S. Open… ABQ and El Paso Courses Tapped for Local Qualifiers Two Sun Country golf courses, the UNM Championship Golf Course and Painted Dunes Golf Club, are…
- Sun Country Junior Tour Opens (ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.) Feb. 7, 2011. -- Registration for the Sun Country PGA Junior Golf Tour is open. The tour is for junior golfers of all…
- UNM Hosts Pacific… July 23-26 Event Will Feature World's Top Amateur Players The Pacific Coast Amateur Championship comes to the UNM Championship Golf Course in July. The Sun…