Lobo Women Competing in Wildcat Invitational in Tucson
The UNM Lobo men golfers, ranked No. 22 in the nation by GolfStat, was playing in the Lamkin San Diego Classic Monday, while the women’s team was competing in the Wildcat Invitational in Tucson.
The 54-hole Lamkin San Diego Classic is being held on the par-72, 7,033-yard San Diego Country Club.
The field features seven Mountain West squads including Air Force, Colorado State, Nevada, San Diego State, San José State and Wyoming. The Lobos (22) and the San Diego State Aztecs (20) are both ranked in the top-25 in the nation by GolfStat.
In Tucson, the New Mexico women’s squad is one of 16 squads in the field including a pair of top-10 ranked teams in the nation by GolfStat – No. 3 Southern California and No. 7 Oklahoma State. The event is being held on the Wildcats’ home course, Sewailo Golf Club.
The Lobos join UNLV as the two Mountain West squads on the course. The rest of the field consists of No. 27 Arizona, Colorado, Denver, Iowa, Iowa State, Long Beach State, Northern Arizona, Nebraska, New Mexico State, No. 28 Oregon, Oregon State and Texas.
The Lobo women entered the tournament coming off back-to-back fifth-place finishes against tough competition. UNM finished fifth after finishing rounds one and two in the top three at the Bruin Wave Invitational.
UNM Men Golfers Ranked 22 Nationally
This week’s Lobo women’s lineup is set to consist of Sophomore Napat “Jenny Lertsadwattana, senior Caroline Jansson, freshman Myah McDonald, sophomore Lauren Lehigh and junior Kamie Hamada.
The UNM Lobo men golfers squad comprised of Sam Choi, sophomore Albert Boneta, junior Brandon Shong, freshman Bastien Amat and redshirt-senior Ross Sinclair.
Also competing in San Diego are: BYU, Cal Poly, Colorado, Denver, No. 26 Kansas, Nebraska, Northern Illinois, San Diego, Saint Mary’s, UC Davis, UCLA, USC and Washington.
By New Mexico Golf News staff
- Lobo Men Tie for 8th in San… Sam Choi, Ross Sinclair Lead the Lobo Squad The University of New Mexico Lobo men finished tied for eighth in the Lamkin San Diego Classic…
- UNM Lobo Women Finish 8th at… Lertsadwattana Paces Lobo for a T21 Finish Individually The UNM Lobo Women Golf Team finished the Wildcat Invitational in Tucson in eighth place, 46 strokes…
- Golf in New Mexico: UNM Lobos… UNM women Finish sixth in 12-team Invitational Field The University of New Mexico women’s golf team finished its season-opener in sixth place out of a…
- San Diego-area Man Dies in… (SAN DIEGO, Calif.) Jan. 19, 2011. — A San Diego-area man died in a golf-cart accident in a golf resort’s parking lot after playing in…
- Lobo Women Take Mountain West… Ninth Lobo Conference Title is a Conference Record The University of New Mexico Lobo women's golf team came from behind during the third round to…