Tamaya Resort Offers Locals-only Reopening Discount Starting June 29
Santa Ana Golf Club, closed since early March, reopens Friday with certain social-distancing rules.
Walk-ons are being discouraged. The range will be closed and the Wind Dancer Grill will serve a limited menu of takeout items.
Santa Ana Golf Club staff asks that players arrive no more than 30 minutes before their tee time.
Players are asked to depart promptly after their round.
Players must wear a face mask in and around the clubhouse areas and until they reach the tee box
The chipping green will be open to players with a scheduled tee time.
The golf shop will be open for retail sales but occupancy will be limited to no more than six people
There will be no patio seating nor alcohol sales at this time
Only one rider will be permitted in a cart. Cart riders will be asked to load and unload their own clubs on the cart.
Santa Ana Golf Club, among the top-rated Albuquerque, New Mexico golf courses, is one of two courses operated by Santa Ana Pueblo. Twin Warriors Golf Club, Santa Ana's sister course, has not announced a reopening date but it is expected to be open by the end of June.
The Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort and Spa, a top New Mexico golf resort, announced it will be reopening for guests on June 29 with reduced rates for New Mexico residents.
The hotel's pools will be open and horseback riding along the mesa and biking along the Rio Grande Bosque will be available. Twin Warriors Golf Course will be open by then.
To take advantage of the special reopening rate for locals only, go online to hyatt.com or call (888) 591-1234 and mention Special Offer Code LOCAL1 to access the $115 per night rate, plus a nightly resort fee.
By New Mexico Golf News staff
- New Cart Paths at Santa Ana Cart Path Work Should be Completed in March Santa Ana Golf Club has begun renovating aging cart paths on all of its 27 holes. Renovation…
- NM Golf Courses May… Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham announced Thursday afternoon that NM golf courses may reopen as early as Friday. Courses will be part of the first wave…
- Reformer of USGA… (BOSTON) March 23, 2011 -- Francis Scheid, a mathematician who took up golf in 1961 while on sabbatical in Rangoon, has died, the Boston Globe…
- New Mexico Golf… North to South, New Mexico Offers a Strong Array of Golf Resorts For the day when the COVID-19 lockdown eases, players looking for New Mexico…
- Alcohol Back on… Golf courses are free to sell alcohol again - but not out on the course and not inside where people congregate, according to a piece…