Here we are in the winter doldrums. Still a month from Spring Training in Scottsdale, with sub-freezing temperatures gripping most of the nation. What's a sun-starved golfer to do?
How about a little golf-vacation day-dreaming? Let's get started.
Curious about the hottest destinations for golf travel in 2019? Bill Hogan of Garmany Golf — creator of one-of-a-kind Guest Experiences around the world—knows better than anyone. The Garmany promise: “Our mission is simple: to create the very best golf & travel Experience you’ll ever have.”
Looking for a change of scenery? Maybe a vacation home? Hal Sutton is more than just the course architect for Boot Ranch, the exclusive community in the Texas Hill Country. The 14-time PGA TOUR winner is now the club’s brand ambassador on the PGA TOUR Champions circuit. Boot Ranch touts its “fine homesteads that bespeak the honesty and tradition of family.”
The Reserve Club — the Coachella Valley’s premier golf and luxury lifestyle club—has unveiled its amazing $10 million clubhouse renovation that needs to be seen to be believed, as are the views of the surrounding mountains and Weiskopf/Morrish golf course. “Members of The Reserve Club describe life here ‘like being at summer camp,'” the Reserve says.
Jack Is Back! And personally overseeing the renovation of Great Waters, one of his favorite designs, at Reynolds Lake Oconee. The award-winning layout is gearing up for a fall grand re-opening. Read our recent story on Reynolds Lake Oconee here.
Stunning! That’s the only word that begins to describe golf course, a Rees Jones design along Mexico’s Sea of Cortez. But if you don’t like great weather, great food, great people, and great golf, this destination’s not for you.
The Sea Pines Resort may be on Hilton Head Island, but it has a distinct international flair thanks to its internship program with leading European universities. In South Carolina’s Lowcountry, they know how to say “at your service” in 13 languages — and bienvenue!
Situated at kilometer zero at true Land’s End—the exact place where the Sea of Cortez meets the Pacific Ocean at Quivira Golf Course — the castle-like lighthouse, known as Faro Viejo, dates to 1905 and is the oldest standing structure in Cabo San Lucas. When staying at Pueblo Bonito Resorts, what could be better than a yoga class in this awe-inspiring setting? Read our 2017 story on Quivira here.
Desert Mountain in Scottsdale is about to unveil its seventh golf course (and this one’s a little different), as well as an entirely new community and a total revamp of the Nicklaus course that started it all, Renegade.
Get ready to “Blast and Cast at Florida’s Mission Inn Resort. A new package brings shooting and fishing activities together, taking advantage of the resort’s location astride nine bodies of water famous for high-quality bass fishing.
Sonic boom! Well, actually it’s AHEAD’s Sonic Weld application that made a lot of noise at the recent PGA Show in Orlando. Now available on hats and apparel, this ornamentation features a metallic sheen, crisp lettering, and fine detail on logos.
The first total solar eclipse since August 2017 comes to Chile and Argentina near sunset on July 2, 2019. RTJ II Golf Course Architects hopes for a sunset showcase at their new Termas de Rio Hondo Golf Club in northern Argentina.
- The Perfect Match:… Life is Good at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Golfers are genetically disposed to shop for deals when they travel to warm-weather golf destinations such as…
- Fairmont and TPC… Golfers are genetically disposed to shop for deals when they travel to warm-weather golf destinations, so this may sound counter-intuitive: Stop shopping and remember three…
- Orlando-bound? Think… Kissimmee is More Affordable, Closer to Courses, Magic Kingdom If you're thinking about a golf getaway to Orlando before winter loosens its grip, set your…
- Four Golf Books for… For holiday-shopping procrastinators looking for a last-minute something to get the golfer in the family (courtesy of Amazon and free UPS delivery), here are some…
- Katie Kempter Tackles… Albuquerque's Katie Kempter is off to a promising start with a new focus on the mental game while playing on the Symetra Tour, the new…